Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...

Tracy at Notes from a Cottage Industry challenged all the readers of her blog to tell 6 unimportant things about themselves. It sounded like fun so I thought I would take the time to tell you about a few of my favorite things.

1. Sour cream fudge - I have only found one place to buy it locally and that is from a couple that goes to all the local craft fairs. Being able to only buy it occasionally makes it special and I savor it all the more.

2. Cuddling on freshly laundered, 1000 thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets - They are one of my little splurges and I find them reasonably priced at Overstock.com. (And then I take care of them like they are the most delicate priceless china so they last a long time.)

3. Having my hair done - If I ever hit the lottery the first thing I am going to do is hire someone to come to my house every morning to do my hair for me.

4. Working in my gardens with my young son - and seeing the wonder in his eyes at the beauty that is Mother Nature.

5. Browsing antique shops, thrift stores, Craigslist and Ebay for treasures (ie. bargains) that make my home more and more a reflection of me and those I love.

6. Getting up before everyone else on Sunday morning - Making myself a cup of tea, grabbing the latest decorating magazine and snuggling next to the fireplace in the winter or out on the deck in the summer. And then I just enjoy the absolute peace and quiet (while I can).

What are your favorite things? JoAnne

4 comments:

Rue said...

Hi JoAnne :)

Those are some wonderful favorites. #6 is one of mine too :)

Have a beautiful day,
rue

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

Hi Joanne! Saw that you posted a comment on my blog so I came over to find you! What a BEAUTIFUL bed that is! What a lucky find for you! and I can just picture how great that little desk you are refinishing is going to be! I love to do that stuff too, just haven't found the time. I was sorry to hear about your young son's tumor and I haven't yet read any of the details on his blog but what a STRONG mother you are. I know I gripe about my own brood but they mean the world to me too. I will keep him in my prayers but so happy that you are finding a creative outlet just for you. Do you mind if I add you to my favorite blog section? I can't wait to see how the bed & desk turn out! :) Have a great day. ~ Laurie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi!
Thanks for stopping by to visit me. I have to tell you that most of your favorite things could just a well be mine! I am off now to read some of your past posts and get to know you a little better. Please visit again soon..
Penny

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

p.s. I used to live in Hornell NY, so I must have lived somewhere near you :-)
Penny