Thursday, May 29, 2008

I may have found a chair...

If you remember from the post about my bedroom redo, I said I was looking for a second chair for my cozy seating area. I think I may have found a contender. What do you think?


I was browsing Craigslist tonight and came across a listing that piqued my interest for "Vintage and Antique Furnishings". I clicked on it and found the web address for a decorating business whose mission is to "offer older and antique furniture at reasonable prices". And this little gem of a chair was on the site. Wouldn't it look perfect in a blue and white, romantic, French Country bedroom? It doesn't match the style of the chair I have in my room now but this one is so pretty, I may have to find a new spot for my step-mother-in-law's chair (shown below). The one above looks much more comfortable and inviting. But of course that would mean I am still on the lookout for a second chair.


This shop is about an hour away from my home but it is near the hospital where we go every Friday for my son's chemotherapy treatments so I may have to make a little detour tomorrow (depending on how Michael feels, of course). I will let you know if I stop and what treasures I find. Thanks for stopping by, JoAnne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the chair. Nowadays they mix everything. Like I always say... You can never have to many chairs. Nice to meet you, Susie H

Southern Lady said...

JoAnne, thank you for taking the time to visit my "Southern Lagniappe" blog and for your sweet note.

I love your step-mother-in-law's chair, but agree that the blue one looks more comfortable. I'd use both of them if you have room.

Your little Michael is so precious and I will remember him in my prayers. I want to read more about him in your other blog.

I'll be back to visit you to see what you decided about the chair.

Sincerely,
Janie

kari and kijsa said...

That chair is fabulous...love the lines on it!

Have a blessed weekend!

smiles, kari & kijsa