Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I have some good news and some bad news...

The good news is... I got my new bed home and it is even more beautiful than I thought it would be!

The bad news is... I am in the middle of refurbishing an old desk (pictured below) that was my Dad's while I was growing up so I can't start painting the bed just yet.


The bad news is... I took our old bed (pictured below) down and we are sleeping on our box spring and mattress on the floor. My husband complains that it makes him feel like a college kid.


The good news is... I listed my old bed on Craigslist and sold it for $150 more than I paid for my new 4 poster bed. That means I have enough money left over to buy new linens. These on Linensource certainly caught my eye. (Now I just have to wait for their next sale.)



The bad news is... we had to travel six hours today for a doctor's appointment for my son.

The good news is... I got to stop in my favorite store in the whole world, Country Curtains. Usually when we are in that area, Michael is not feeling well from treatments or tests, so today I took advantage of his feeling great and got my Country Curtains fix.



On a side note -If you are not familiar with Country Curtains, check out their website and request their catalog. And if you are ever near one of their stores, stop in. You won't be disappointed.

Well I am off to work on that desk. The sooner I finish, the sooner I can get to that beautiful bed. Thanks for stopping by, JoAnne

1 comment:

Rue said...

Hi JoAnn,

I came over to say hello and was reading along... then I read a little bit of Michael's story at the beginning of his blog... I can't imagine and I'm so sorry that he has to go through that... that you and your family have to go through that. I'm praying for all of you. God Bless you.

Thank you for understanding about my TV decision :)

I will definitely be back.
hugs,
rue