Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I went to the store to buy grapes...

...since tomorrow is Michael's turn to take snack for the class and grapes was what he chose to share. The grocery store I shop at just happens to be in the same plaza as our local TJ Maxx - so I had to stop - right? I'm sure I heard somewhere that if you are within 500 yards of a TJ Maxx and you don't stop that your decorating creativity can suffer and wane. What, you never heard that? Okay, but if my husband asks...

I have to admit, the shelves at our local TJ Maxx have been pretty empty lately but not tonight. They must have gotten truckloads of new stuff in the last couple of days and there were some things I just couldn't live without. Like 2 of these pretty embroidered pillows with crocheted trim. They are going to look absolutely divine on my restyled bed.


And I couldn't pass up these pretty canisters with filigree tops and antiqued brass labels that say "Sugar", "Treats" and "Tea". There is also a bread box and cake plate to match these that I think were very sad that they didn't get to come home with me. I may have to rectify that - hhmmm - I do have a birthday coming up.


And as a certified decorating and gardening magazine junkie (or is that "certifiable?"), this rack looks so much more stylish than my current storage system - which is my kitchen counters, coffee table, etc...


And to think, I found all this with just one quick, cursory trip around the store. Imagine what I could have discovered with more time. Oh well - at least I remembered the grapes!!


Have a great night and thanks for stopping by, JoAnne

3 comments:

DAViN said...

I have the same 500 yard rule for thrift stores! I like TJMaxx too, but ours is small and a little more out of the way of my errands route. You found some great treasures that will last much longer than the grapes!

Joy said...

The above comment was really from me. Silly me, I forgot to switch users.

Jill said...

Love, Love LOVE the cannisters. I want some!
~Jill