Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Welcome to my new blog...

Michael's blog started as a serious project - an efficient way to keep family and friends connected to Michael's journey. Along the way I became utterly hooked on blogging! I plan to still keep that blog's focus on all that has to do with Michael but have decided to start this new blog to write about whatever strikes my fancy. It will be lighthearted and fun. And I hope it entertains and inspires you.

I have been following several wonderful blogs for the last year about soapmaking and homemade body products. I've have been educated and entertained by them and found them to be a welcome respite from everyday stresses. I even began the process of starting a home based bath and body business before Michael needed all my energy. Perhaps someday I will be able to pick up where I left off, but for now the most important thing in my life is keeping Michael healthy.

I also have a passion for decorating. When I first entered college out of high school, I was enrolled in an interior design program but since I decided to put down roots where I had grown up, there was little chance of making a living at it. We have seen a tremendous economic expansion in the area in recent years but in the eighties, this was a very rural area with zero demand for interior designers.

Now I am content to decorate my own home and offer decorating advice to friends and family (sometimes solicited, sometimes not). I love to watch HGTV and the DIY Network. And since I am not a big fan of reality shows or shows with excessive violence, I find taping my favorite HGTV shows allows me to watch what I want to watch, when I want to watch it.

And on the internet, I have found a host of other people (mostly women) that share my love of their homes. I first found these wonderful souls on the HGTV's Rate My Space website. This is where ordinary folks can post pictures of their homes and other members can rate their handiwork on a scale of 1 to 5. Then the spaces are ranked according to popularity. I have seen some beautiful homes and have been inspired and motivated. (And with all that has been going on with Michael for the past year, I needed some inspiration and motivation.)

In the coming weeks, I plan on posting images and stories from my own home. I will also share with you some of the wonderful webpages that I enjoy so much. So sit back. Kick up your feet. And enjoy the journey. JoAnne

No comments: