Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm in Love...

Now that the weather has turned cooler, we have switched gears from landscaping projects to interior projects so my bedroom redo is making progress again.

Remember my Craigslist find from a couple of months ago...?


Well here it is now...


Isn't it beautiful !?!?! It's painted a pretty creamy white and looks so much more elegant now that it is not knotty pine.


Jeff & I are so happy with the way it turned out. I sanded it and Jeff painted and sealed it with his paint sprayer. It looks like it has a factory finish.

Now it is on to my Craigslist armoire. Jeff put the primer on it today and will start painting it tomorrow. (I think he wants his garage back before it starts snowing.) I think the creamy white will bring out the beautiful details on this piece and will look awesome in the same room with the bed.

I am still on the lookout for bedside tables and hopefully the walls will be a pretty French blue before the weekend is over. Unfortunately, that's going to depend on how my recovery from my little accident earlier this week goes as I'm still quite sore. Next time, I will share the art I have for above the bedside tables.

Until next time, JoAnne

4 comments:

Deb said...

The bed is beautiful JoAnne and I'm sure the Armoire will be too. My bedroom furniture is pine and I love it but not the color so you've given me something to think about. Deb

SeaWorthy said...

WHAT A FIND!!!!!
You are a lucky dog for that gorgeous bed, It looks completely dreamy! Top notch job with the paint (hubby)
lisa
coastal nest

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

The bed turned out fabulous ! The armoire will be just as pretty also.

Anonymous said...

That bed is awesome, I am dying to know how much you paid for it!
I'm nosey like that!
~Misti