Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Meet our new neighbors...

We have a nice young couple that have moved in behind us and we are happy to have them.

This wonderful neighborhood is located on the sideboard on our back deck (which is almost ready to post). There are a couple of traditional houses set amongst a couple of cottages. And the landscaping is a work in progress.

The couple have chosen the lovely 2 story home on the right. Here is Mr. Wren (or is it Mrs. Wren) enjoying the beautiful day and waiting for his mate to come home.

And when she arrives, Mrs. Wren (or is it Mr. Wren) brings home a lovely piece of dead grass to add to the nest they are decorating their home with.



















Aren't they just the picture of domestic bliss? We are hoping that there will be some little Wren additions before too long. Of course, moving to a new neighborhood was an easy choice because well - the old one isn't what it used to be.

Thanks for stopping by and come back soon, JoAnne

11 comments:

Deb said...

Great post JoAnne, those squirrels just take over everything but still I love them. There's one that has become so comfortable with me being in my yard that he has come as close as 4 feet to me but then I'm panicking thinking is he about to attack.:O) That's a lovely little neighborhood you've put together. God Bless! Deb

Jill said...

Those are the cutest pictures ever! I am sure you will have little baby wren's soon. They also are fun to watch! Cute!
~Jill

Roses and Lilacs said...

Love your bird house collection. Mr Wren will pay the rent with beautiful songs;)

Classics and Country said...

Hi,
Our giveaway is now closed. Just for entering everyone receives a 15% off coupon to use at our online store
Coupone Code: Friends
www.classicsandcountry.com
Thanks

PS. Love your birdhouses!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Joanne - we are kindred spirits! I've been writing about our Mr. & Mrs. Wren and our squirrels taking over birdhouses - except you have GREAT photographs to go along with your blog post! How do you get so close? Mine are always far away and fuzzy! LOL LOVED this post - too funny!...Donna

Deb said...

Hi you’ve been tagged at my place. :O)

Kimba said...

Cute pictures! Your birdhouse collections is so sweet. I have a few that I need to get out into the yard. My kids would love to have some feathered neighbors

Rue said...

Hi JoAnne :)

That is so cute! I love that last part LOL

Thank you for your prayers. My brother is finally home and doing much better.

rue

kari and kijsa said...

Too cute!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Hi, I happened upon your blog and enjoyed reading your post. Cute!

nikkicrumpet said...

How adorable...they actually moved it. That is the coolest thing. I figured those types of birdhouses would only ever work as decoration. Great job capturing those photos!